Term and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on February 2020.
Sharp Electronics of Canada Ltd. (hereinafter "Sharp"), maintains this Website (hereinafter referred to as the "Site"). Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and agree to be bound, without limitation or qualification, to the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions or cease at any time to agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should immediately discontinue any use of this Site.
Access and Use
1. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, Sharp grants you permission to access the Site for personal purposes only and in compliance with applicable law. Sharp does not warrant or represent that your use of the Site will not infringe the rights of any third parties not owned by or affiliated with Sharp.
2. The Site includes text, information, designs, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, interfaces, codes, audio clips, video clips and other multimedia content, software or other information or material (the "Content"). The Content is provided for informational purposes only.
3. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. While Sharp uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, Sharp makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Sharp assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Content. Information may be changed or updated without notice. Sharp may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in this information at any time without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
5. The Content and the overall design and appearance of this Site is proprietary information of Sharp and/or its licensors. All Content and the Site are protected by Canadian copyright, trademark and other legislation and applicable international treaties and conventions governing intellectual property law.
6. You may electronically copy or print in hard copy portions of the Content for non-commercial, personal use only, but you are prohibited from removing or modifying any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice that appears on the Site.
7. You are not authorized to copy, modify, upload, download, transmit, translate, publish, create derivative works from, sell, re-sell , reuse, re-post or otherwise distribute or exploit any Content from the Site except as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, without express written permission from Sharp. Reverse engineering any portion of the Site is prohibited.
8. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Sharp or its affiliates for any purpose and in any media, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Sharp is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information, without any acknowledgement or obligation of compensation to you.
9. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of Sharp Corporation, Sharp Electronics of Canada Ltd., and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Trademark owner. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited.
10. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Third Party Sites
12. You may not use the Site to: (i) post any illicit, discriminatory or defamatory content; (ii) trade reviews with others, or compensate someone or be compensated to post, refrain from posting, or remove a review; (iii) violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party; (iv) threaten, stalk, harm, or harass any person; (v) promote a business or other commercial venture or event, or otherwise use the Site for commercial purposes; (vi) obtain information about other persons for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited commercial electronic message or unsolicited bulk communications; (vii) use any robot, search/retrieval application, or other automated means to access, copy, scrape, or index any portion of the Site; (viii) transmit any virus, malicious code, spyware, malware or other items of a destructive or harmful nature; or (ix) otherwise violate the provisions of any applicable law.
Permitted Uses of Downloadable Materials
13. As a service to its end-user customers, Sharp may provide certain materials (including software) for download from this Site for their personal use. Express permission is granted to end-user customers to download and install those materials on Sharp products, or on equipment connected to Sharp products, for the purpose of maintaining or upgrading normal operation of their Sharp products, provided the materials are not modified and that all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in those materials are retained. For purposes of this Section 13 only, the scope of personal use is extended to include those persons involved in set-up, configuring and systems integration, on behalf of an end-user customer of Sharp. Any other use of those materials is prohibited.
14. Some Content from the Site may be the property of other parties, and when applicable, this Content will be identified accordingly. Sharp makes these files available as a service to its end-user customers only, within the scope of the use described above in Section 13. Sharp itself does not grant any proprietary right or license to use those files. That license or right to use is given only by the owner(s) or vendor(s) of those files. Any person who copies or otherwise uses any of those files is personally responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of use which may be established by the owner(s)/vendor(s).
15. This Site is intended for use in Canada. Information that Sharp makes available online through this or other websites may contain references or cross references to Sharp products, programs and services that are not announced or available in Canada. Such references do not imply that Sharp intends to announce such products, programs or services in Canada.
Limitation of Liability
16. Without limiting the foregoing, the Site and the Content are provided to you "AS IS" without warranty or condition of any kind, either express, legal or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sharp, its affiliates, licensors, or respective administrators, directors, employees or representatives (the “Sharp Parties”) assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment, devices, or other property on account of your access to or use of the Site or your downloading of any Content or materials from the Site.
17. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ANY SHARP PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES NOR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF DATA INCURRED IN RELATION TO ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
18. Sharp reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend access to this Site at any time without notice and for any reason whatsoever. Violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in civil liability, and Sharp in its sole discretion, may investigate incidents that are contrary to these Terms and Conditions and provide requested information to third parties who have provided notice to Sharp stating that they may have been harmed by your failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
19. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to any conflict of law principles, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction located in the City of Toronto (Ontario) in respect of any dispute, action or proceeding arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions.
20. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or part thereof is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of that provision will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of the provision or the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, as the case may be, or the legality, validity or enforceability of that provision or part thereof in any other jurisdiction. No failure by Sharp to exercise any rights, powers or remedies hereunder or its delay to do so shall constitute a waiver of these rights, powers or remedies.
21. Sharp may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by posting an updated version on this page of the Site. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound. Your use of the Site following a modification to the Terms and Conditions constitutes your agreement to the revised version of the Terms and Conditions.